Thursday, November 13, 2008

Nov 13 - 2nd Chemo and More tour stops


RT was feeling a little left out and we decided that he should have the next tour stop. He had his thyroid taken out on Monday along with a mass as large as a grapefruit. He got to come home on Tues but is still quite sore. Of course, he is proud to boast that he now has the longest scar from our collective procedures this year. We are making a pictorial guide to our many procedures this year so our good friends and family will not miss out and you may look forward to yours at Christmas time. Great coffee table book!

I had my second round of chemo today and got some good news! My oncologist thinks the tumor is definitely smaller and softer and that means we are getting a good response to the chemo. He also adjusted my medication some more to help with my stomach problems so I am hoping for a few less side effects this time around. Thanks to all of you for the many prayers that have been said on my behalf. This truly was an answer to prayer for me today.

I miss everyone at work so much and I want you to know that your cards brighten my day and keep me connected to you. Thanks to Ann, Leeann Gibbs and Melissa Wright for the wonderful food. Still eating soup and ham and froze some spaghetti for later. I have felt like eating for the last week, up until today, so it has been a huge help. Colin and company appreciate it as well. For those others that have offered I really do appreciate it and I hope you will understand that there are certain times when I cannot even stand the smell of food in the house. You are all so kind and good to us. It is so hard for me not to be in control of my schedule right now but I am hoping for improvement soon.

At least I don't have to worry about the Vols this weekend. I have on word for them-Bless-enough said.

It may be a few days before I feel like blogging again but I wanted you to see my first hair choice. Hope it will be an easy adjustment for everyone. I am finding that knit hats are my best friend in this colder weather.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Martha Gayle! I am so glad to hear that you got some good news yesterday! That is wonderful! Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you!! Hope things are going as well as can be expected right now! Talk to you soon! Kelly