Friday, December 5, 2008

Dec 5 - Christmas "Lane"

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the boys all home and was able to make them a traditional dinner with help from the Honey Baked Ham store. They said it was the best turkey they had ever had. Even though it was tiring, I enjoyed it, and was thankful for the timing, as it fell on what is normally my best weekend between treatments. I was even able to get a start on decorating for Christmas over the weekend and this week. One difference I've found is that when your taking Ativan, it truly puts the magic in Christmas as you awaken sometimes to see decorations suddenly appear.

I am now half way through my chemo treatments with my third being yesterday. I find it is the gift that keeps on giving since I find myself continuing to experience new aches and pains along the way. They are overall please with how things are going even though they are having to watch my blood counts more closely. They did finally come to a decision and since my next treatment would have normally been on Christmas Day, it has been moved to the following Tuesday.

UT was given an early Christmas gift, with the naming of Lane Kiffen as their new football coach. The ultimate question is was UT naughty or nice this past year, as to whether it was a gift or a lump of coal. I am feeling a bit older, since before, the old coach was having grandchildren, while the new coach is having children. So far, I have liked what I've heard, but time will tell. It will be much different without Phil, but I"m glad his career at UT ended on a win, even though it was hard to see how things had really changed from when Phil took over since I only remember one pass in the second half. I do hope all the best for Phil and his family and those of the other coaches, this is a tough time of year to have such changes in your life.

As always, it is wonderful when I'm able to make it into work to see everyone. You support has truly touched me and helps me continue on this tour and gives me something to always look forward to. Now with some of the basics done for the holiday, I will hopefully be able to post update sooner this next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eraYou are a brave and lovely lady - sporting, too. Happy holidays.