Thursday, January 22, 2009

Jan 22 - Rest Stop

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted onto my blog. As this tour has gone further along, I have slowed down some, but the last chemo treatment is now in sight. Today I had my second to the last chemo treatment, either it went well or I'm just getting used to it as I was able to sleep through most of it.

I did see my Oncologist prior to my treatment, all he had was good things to say. At first he couldn't find the lump, and had to refer to his notes. Needless to say, it seems to have gotten much smaller then he had original thought it would. Everything is going according to his plan, and he is going to contact my surgeon as he is planning on passing me back afer my next treatment.

I would like to thank everyone again for their prayers and well wishes as it seems the medicine is doing what was intended. I would also like to remind everyone again, to please get your mammograms as another dear friend has recently been diagnosed with Breast Cancer, but initially it seems they feel they have caught it fairly early.

Colin did not want to fall behind in our family race for the most procedures. He got the family off and running this year, when he had to be seen again for his toe. While I had been told before that whatever they did was going to solve it, that has not been the case. They did tell me that removing his big toenail would solve this ongoing problem. Hopefully this will take care of this as this has been going on now for over a year. Also, hopefully his foot might stop growing because in about 6 months, he as gone from a size 8 to a 10, then an 11, and now his newest pair of shoes had to be a size 12. Hopefully for his sake this will be it, because if not, his next pair will be coming from the circus.

It was especially nice to get visit with everyone from work today. I miss seeing you very much and look forward to the days when I'm able to be with you again. Hopefully I will be able to stop by the unit again on Feb 5, and maybe even come bearing a casserole gift.

1 comment:

coriejones said...

yes! we miss the casserole but we miss you more! it was great seeing you yesterday! love ya!