Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Feb 10 - Happy Valentine's Day

This is a bit early, but wanted to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day. I will have my last chemo treatment on the 12th, so not sure how much I will be actively celebrating on the 14th. But it is a day of love, and all of you have shown me so much during this illness, it has truly taken me back. My "tour" is about to end it's first leg, and while needed, it has been difficult. The next portion is one I have not looked forward to, it too is necessary, and with every one's continued love and support, I have not doubts it will be successful.

I was able to stop by work last week, and it was wonderful to see everyone, I just wished I knew if was me they were happy to see, or my hashbrown casserole. But either way, it was a great day, and I look forward to seeing everyone again in the near future.

Family Update: Colin seems to be doing better with his foot, just wish Algebra could be fixed as easily. We did have an unexpected turn of events, as our older dog Shadow, took a sudden turn for the worse, and had to be put down today. In some ways it was good she seems that she didn't have to suffer long as up to just a few days ago, she was basically normal. She will be missed by all us, especially Sophie. The older two boys seem to be embracing college life much more these days as we do not see them as much, and we are continuing with the delusion they are deep in study.

Many have asked what is next, I believe the plan is still to have surgery, but at this point, no date has been set. I do expect to have it sometime in March, and I plan to update the blog after I see my surgeon.

I did again want to thank everyone for the cards, letters, gifts and food. It has truly been overwhelming and touching. It helps so much since I don't get to see many of you as often as I would like. I look forward to the day when I can get back to a more "normal" day to day life and return to work and be amongst my dear friends.

No comments: