I had my second appointment with the Oncologist today, he went over all the test results and told me his plans for treating me. The first step will be to start Chemotherapy next week. I will be receiving 6 treatments of the chemotherpy treatment TAC [a combination of docectaxel (Taxotere), doxorubicin (Adriamycin) and cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan)] every three weeks, starting Oct 23 . Each chemo treatment will last about 3 hours.
Currently after that, it looks like the next phase will be surgery (Mastectomy), followed by radiation therapy. Then, the last phase will be hormonal therapy which looks to involve taking a prescription drug for about 5 years.
Now some good news, besides telling me that I was young and healthy and that helps with treatment. He also mentioned that the chemo would probably help my MS, as opposed to making it worse somehow. Personally, I just liked to hear that I was still considered young.
I was also given a task. I must go shopping, wig shopping.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment