I had my first chemotherapy treatment today. The nurses and staff were wonderful with all their knowledge and kindness which greatly eased my apprehension. This treatment session was longer than the rest should be as they had so much to discuss and explain to me. They did however add another tour stop, and I must get a shot tomorrow to increase my white cells. However they also help delete a scheduled tour stop by being kind enough to remove my stitches on my back while I was there. It is nice to finally be stitch free, since I can't remember when I last didn't have a stitch of some sort.
All in all the chemo was not as bad as I had thought, but ask me again in a couple of days, because I have this feeling my perspective may change. I do think I will not be feeling the best during the UT and Alabama football game, I'm just unsure if it will be due to the effects of the chemo or just the ball game in general.
As you can see, we have a new addition to our family, and it is one of my favorite kind. Justin was home to meet me after my treatment, to give me this lovely bear you see from him and the other boys. The boys wanted to name it Rocky, I picked Hope instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment